Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Slow progress this past week

Things have been a little slow this past week. I'm (still) working on two commands, Copy and Synchronize.

The first version of the Synchronize just didn't work well at all, so I've rewritten it. I also wrote new code for reporting errors. Now a panel is displayed after an error that tells the paragraph name the error occurred in, the operation that got the error, the dataset names involved, and information from the ZERRSM and ZERRLM variables. All of the new code seems to be working well and I'm doing testing right now.

The Copy command was working fine but the program calls IKJEFTSR to execute TSO commands. In case of errors in TSO commands you usually get error messages displayed on the screen. But I trap screen output to a compound variable using OUTTRAP and i want to read those variables and display the messages in the new error message panel. After a lot of fumbling around I finally figured out I could just VCOPY the terminal output variables into the program and report them.

So now I'm testing the new code and by the end of the week I hope to move on to the next thing.

No comments: