Thursday, January 1, 2009

Still no News to Report


Unfortunately I haven't really worked on the utility at all since the beginning of 2008. I have taken some time to document some of the new features I want to add, but no coding has been done on anything in almost a year.

My regular job has taken up enough of my time that I just haven't been able to concentrate on this software. I have, however, as part of my regular job learned quite a bit about writing Open API and Open TCB programs in CICS.

Right now I can't say when I'll be able to start working on the utility again. I'm going to need to learn some new (for me) ISPF tricks for using Dynamic Areas in ISPF panels to implement some of the features I want to add.


1 comment:

zadspkn said...

Michael, I just discovered PDS2PDS and am finding it invaluable. I can't wait for version 4. Is it possible to receive load library support for 3.02 or must I wait for the next version? Also, I was thinking that it would be great to add more capability by calling functions from the SHARE PDS command.
Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated. Thank you, Phil